Wednesday, April 8, 2009

First blog!







Hey everyone.  I figured that I should ditch my other blog and start a new one with the appropriate name.  I am currently in the fourth and final phase at Hallmark Institute of Photography.  This phase will push me to do the best work that I can produce at this time.  We have around 30 pictures to take with all of the mandatories, electives and additional submissions. Should be very stressful but also a lot of fun.  Lately I've been taking the time to plan out everything carefully so that I can run my idea past my instructors for pre-critique.  I feel pretty confident in my work already.  So far I have my outdoor photography and a few additional shots.  I will put a few of the pictures on this posting for everyone to see what I'm doing.  This week I am working in the commercial studio on things such as glassware, metal and a conceptual still-life.  I've always had a lot of fun in the commercial studio so it will be sad to leave that behind when I graduate Hallmark in June.  I also have my low-key portrait of a male subject tomorrow afternoon.  My model is a friend of a friend and a nice individual.  I look forward to the results.  My portfolio is comprehensive so that means I will be doing a combination of portraiture and commercial work.  My emphasis will be fashion.  Well I have to run for now but I will try my best to keep the blog updated after shoots and as the weeks ahead unfold.  Thank you for all of the support everyone!  It means so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment