Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The architecture of Cape May

After arriving in New Jersey at 8:30 in the morning on no sleep, I was ready for a day of exploring Cape May.  I knew nothing of the town except for the fact that it was once the playground for the rich and celebrities during the summer months.   There is even wreckage from a ship not far from the shore.  I unfortunately did not speak up about getting out of the car when we passed by.  The day was so cold that when we were outside all of us were shivering.  It was the first time I had seen sand and snow in the same place.  I come from the northern part of California where we rarely see snow.  All of the pictures of the houses were taken from the carriage as we went into town.  I fell in love with Cape May and have even considering moving there in the future.  You never know where I will end up!






5 comments:

  1. Jenn!!!! These turned out A.MA.ZING! Sorry you didn't get to take pics of the wreckage off shore... I think our desire to stay warm deterred us from getting out of the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sand and snow together (which I have never seen either) is just beautiful! Beautiful pictures. Makes me want to go there and visit. Stopping by from SITS.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs!!! I love how the sunlight hits the right spot in every photo! Stopping in from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such incredible photos! Makes me want to be there.
    Stopped by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete