Monday, January 25, 2010

Castle on the Hudson


             While coming back from Jersey and taking a ton of back roads, I found the castle on the Hudson!  I was so excited that I immediately had to pull over and wander down the train tracks to get a closer look.  The castle was an amazing site.  I kept trying to figure out how I could make it out to the island.  After some research and help from my awesome Mom, I found out that they actually give tours of the castle and island.  This spring I hope to go on the tour and get some close up pictures.  The pictures after the castle are of the bridge next to Fort Montgomery.  It was nice to stretch my legs and be out of the car after a long trip.  Alright well I am off to bed.  It's been a long and exhausting day.  I started my new job as a secretary and six comes very early in the morning!  Good night everyone!




6 comments:

  1. I search and recently came across your blog and have been reading along. It was wonderful blog.

    Kelsi

    http://www.bestonlinetimes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are awesome :o) Have a great day SITSta :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what an amazing scene you've captured there. I find that my best work comes from those happenstance encounters like that - just wandering off onto unchartered territory, following something captivating... You have a true gift! (Found you via SITS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures!
    I feel your pain on the 6 AM thing- hope you have a fabulous weekend.
    Stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love the last picture on the tracks & your shadow. Also live the black edges on the castle images... I would live to figure out how to do that. Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete