Friday, April 23, 2010

Buried in the Leaves


         While staying in CT, I stumbled across this awesome abandoned cabin next to the old prison.  Since the prison was closed for remolding I went off the beaten path next to it.  This little cabin was rather interesting.  I think it was rather just a room because I did not see a spot for a bathroom which I believe to be vital in any living situation :o)  The woods are right there though.... lol.  The most awesome part of the cabin was the National Geographic Magazines still on the shelves.  I can't imagine them to even be picked up without ripping apart from the elements.  I was amazed to see that they were even in tact and somewhat readable.  The day was gorgeous and the lighting amazing.  Couldn't ask for a better day to wander around the woods and shoot.  I'm starting to have a thing for doors and my shadow I guess, considering I tend to photograph those two things quite often now.  Old doors are just very intriguing to me.  The final picture is of my newest tattoo.  I have branded myself with my own brand you could say.  It is a rendition of my logo with shamrock on the top of the key to represent my daughter who was born on St. Patricks Day.  She motivates me to do more with everything in my life and to be successful so it only made since to integrate something that represented her in this tattoo.  This one means so much to me as it symbolizes my business, career and hopes for success in the future.  My new life :o)  Now off to bed just in time for 5 AM!  Big shoot tomorrow afternoon.  Very excited for that and the concert to follow.

                                            Taken by Brandy of Brandy Marie Photography

5 comments:

  1. These pics are awesome! Just poppin' in from SITS to say, "hello"! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many stories that house has to tell. Lovely photos.
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to look at old houses and imagine the memories inside. Great photos!

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wonder about the history of abandoned places like that one.

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! I would die to find an abandoned cabin like that! I really love the magazines - the way they've really given into the elements, coming undone. From the weathered boards and peeling paint to the busted out windows and collapsed roof, I've died and gone to photography heaven! I think it's safe to say that I'm crushing on your photography! lol
    Found you through SITS. I'd love for you to come by my place. I'm particuarly proud of my Wordless Wednesday photos. I've also got a new blog carnival going on. Basically, I'm blasting the crazy things my hubby does that make me stop and say "OH NO HE DIDN'T!" See you soon. Have a great day!

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete