Saturday, June 19, 2010

Abandoned World NY Series Part 3 (Final part of series!)




                 It's here!  The third and final post of the series!  And the location is....... a TB hospital in upstate NY.  I had been searching for this location for hours and had gotten so lost along the way but was more than determined to photograph this location.  The clouds that day added to the erie presence of the hospital.  What amped up the creepy feeling was the wind blowing pretty hard causing doors to slam shut.  Every time a door crashed open or closed I jumped just a little.  Not gonna lie, I may have yelped a time or two.  My skin was crawling the entire time.  Being that I am sensitive to buildings such as this I was almost expecting to spot something a little out of the norm at least once.  I didn't see anything but the feeling of not being alone was constant.  I was loving the lighting in the hallways although I almost was not brave enough to continue down them.  Graffiti and debris were everywhere.  It is always sad to see what people do to old, abandoned buildings such as this.  I go venture out to preserve what may no longer be there in a few years.  I think that there were a few rooms I did not get the chance to see but I hope to go back again one day when it is not as windy and maybe with a friend.  There was a moment where I standing in one of the hallways trying to figure out my next frame when a door slowly creaked open and stopped.  This was about five feet from where I was standing.  Creepy!  It was about that time that I decided to leave.  I had to check out the roof first though.  There wasn't much there except for lots of bricks laying all over the place and lots of gravel.  The little tree growing from the roof was a random edition.  I was so happy to have found location but almost happier to run down the dark stairways and out of the building.  I turned to take one last look and picture before heading back to my car and off to my client meeting.  I hope everyone has enjoyed this little series.  There are many more pictures to come from my abandoned adventures.  Follow my blog and get updates!   Thanks for all the support guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment