Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Awesomely abandoned factory in NY




               Hey everyone!  Here are some long awaited photos that I wasn't sure if I was going to put on the blog.  Since getting the new Lightroom I have since re-edited all of the factory photos.  This abandoned find was random just like most of the rest.  I was working in upstate NY on little to no sleep when I came across this huge factory along the route to my next hotel.  I was determined to find an entrance beyond the fences and after three times of turning around I found an open parking lot.  The weather was so hot and I was already sweating by just getting out of the car.  I got my camera all ready to go and went exploring.  My ride at the time was the most interesting Chevy HHR.  I dubbed thee the shaggin wagon because it reminded me of an old woody wagon.  I do have to say that this would not be a car to purchase.  The windshield came down a little too short so this made driving difficult at times.  The roomy vehicle did come in handle for all of my photography equipment for Lifetouch.  Usually the equipment takes up my entire car.  I looked up at the factory looming over me and tried to figure out what would have been made there.  Rumor has it that they made Cabbage Patch kids.  The asbestos was ridiculous and coming out of the windows as you can see in the pictures.  I didn't dare venture into the cold depths of the building.  The cold air was coming out from the different openings chilling even with the hot sun beating down on me.  I ventured around the property for about an hour.  The entire time I was little creeped out by all the random noises coming in all different directions.  I hope to go back to this location and photograph with some models in the future.  Enjoy the pictures and follow my blog to get future updates!  Thanks everyone!



6 comments:

  1. I am always in awe of people who can see beauty in the mundane. I would just drive past an abandoned building, ever think to stop and try to take pictures.

    Visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I'm kinda speechless! I LOVE your work. You truly have a gift jennifer! New to you and thrilled! Now a follower.
    Genevieve =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love all of the different textures you found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from SITS. Beautiful photographs. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! And thank you so much new followers! Your support is much appreciated :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful artistic shots!! I love love the red door pics! the whole thing reminds me of a factory they would use in CSI kind of shows... he he... stay safe! =) hi from Sits!

    ReplyDelete