Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lighthouses and fun in Maine



                     So I'm slacking just a little with all my pictures and posts but in my defense I took way too many pictures all in one week!  lol.  This was about a month and half ago when my friend Brandy and I took a day trip out to Maine to check out the lighthouses.  It was quite the adventure to say the least.  It started out with me hitting the gps and putting us off track by about two hours.  If that wasn't enough the keys then got got locked in the car and was jerry rigged open by two awesome strangers.  Too bad we never got their names.  Oops!  It was pretty comical.  I know know you can make a makeshift slim jim.  The first lighthouse was in Cape Elizabeth.  Beautiful and windy, we were able to get some very nice pictures.  I couldn't ask for a better sky.  The tiny carnival was a nice addition to my shots along with the lab running along the beach.  This day made me realize just how much I had been missing the sun, sand and water.  Cali is always on the back of my mind.  East coast beaches are so different and of course you don't get the amazing sunsets like we do back west.  Sigh.  Moving on.  The second lighthouse find was a little further south in the town of York.  There was no way of reaching the lighthouse so we just took pictures from the shore.  By that time it was extremely windy and cold.  Like good little photogs we kept snapping away to make sure we had what we needed.  It was an extremely long day in which we were very happy to make it home safe and sound.  Oh and yes, I did attempt to rescue some styrafoam (sp?) from the waters.  Only because I thought it was something else of course lol.  I'm such a dork.  At least I provide my friends with entertainment :op


1 comment:

  1. I'm from Cape Elizabeth! I grew up just about 10 minutes from that lighthouse. You took some beautiful pictures, I'm glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete