Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Road Trippin Cross Country! The Big Apple!


                       Two posts in one day what?! Yes, it is true :o) After I left CT I headed down to the big apple to catch some city shots.  A friend of mine who is currently overseas is a big fan of the city so I told him I would try to get some pictures for his walls.  During the drive I noticed that all of the sudden the roads were turning white. It was snowing! I always get a little excited over seeing the first snowfall but I was also making sure I drove extra careful.  It took about four hours to reach the train station and another 30 minutes to find parking in the garage, but soon I was in the city ready to explore.  Everyone was hustling about the streets trying to get out of the cold.  Stylishly bundled up from head to tow of course.  I dawned my pretty awesome "fur" hat for awhile but looking up was becoming a problem so I had to ditch that and brave the cold hatless.  Since I hadn't done my video post for the day I was on the hunt for a Starbucks with room.  Amazingly I managed to find one seat in a Starbucks near Times Square.  I felt a little silly doing the video in public but why not?   Since they made my drink the wrong size I then had two mochas to guzzle down. Yeah for caffeine! Once I finished up the video it was then time to hit the streets again and have some fun.  I love the city! I don't think I could ever really live there, but work there? Oh yes! The holiday decorations that adorned the city definitely helped to put me in the Christmas mood. Who can resist huge Christmas trees and giant ornaments?  Rockifeller Center was amazing.  I wish I could have gone skating on the ice but I had both my camera and video camera to worry about and the line was way too long anywise.  I did get yelled at by one of NYC's finest after standing on a bench to get a better shot of the tree with the video camera.  Little did he know I had been doing it on the other side to snap the pictures of the birds. Hee hee.  Since I didn't have a plan I just wandered.  Times Square was the usual hustle and bussle.  I did spot a Buddy the Elf look alike posing for pictures.  Pretty funny considering I had just watched the movie the previous night.  One of the highlights was seeing the gorgeous stang drive by.  I was in love! It didn't take me long to spot the sailer and nurse dancing away on the streets.  What a cute couple. Throughout the rest of the day I kept moving trying to stay warm.  The NYC Library was amazing.  I managed to snap a picture of the gentlemen on his phone and the girl on her mac in the old phone booths.  Too bad I couldn't have gotten a more direct shot.  After nighttime had fallen and I was purely exhausted from all the walking, I headed back to my car and then hit the road to Albany to get a few hours of sleep.  What a day!

















1 comment:

  1. You got a lot of great shots in NYC! We still haven't had our first 'snow' of the season yet in Philly. We anxiously await : )

    Merry Christmas : )

    ReplyDelete