Sunday, March 6, 2011

On to the Land of Ten Gallon Hats and That Good 'Ol Rodeo; Eastern Texas!


                 Howdy ya'all!  I know it has been quite some time since I have posted but I can't even begin to tell you how busy I've been!  I was fortunate to join my mom on an amazing cruise recently and ever since I have been just been trying to play catch up and keeping insanely busy with all the editing and work. Picking up where I left off though.  After I left the music world of TN, I then headed west to eastern Texas to stay with my best friend of over ten years.  I had not seen her in almost three years so you can imagine how excited we both were for me to finally get there.  I intended on getting up much earlier that day but the exhaustion was kicking my butt hardcore and the fact that the drive ahead of me was to be extremely long. Fourteen hours and almost 809 miles to be exact.  That two hours of sleep would come in handy.  Traveling through six states in one day was pretty awesome but not having time to really stop and explored killed that completely.  I did stop in Louisiana to check out an old dirt road just passed the railroad tracks.  I stumbled across a few houses and an abandoned school bus.  As I was taking pictures it again occurred to me that I was in south and the chances of me seeing an alligator were a lot higher at this point lol.  This thought encouraged me to get back in my car and continue on my way.  The scenery in Alabama was actually quite beautiful.  I was tempted to stop and snap up some scenery shots but the off and on again rain and long road ahead of me kept me stuck in my seat.  Seeing my very first bayou was pretty kool.  The bridge seemed to carry on forever and at this point the sun was setting and the exhaustion started to kick in.  My best friend kept me slightly entertained and about every two hours asked if I was there yet. lol.  The highlight of the conversation was our southern and valley girl talk.  Well it was entertaining to the two of us at least :o) As I hit Texas I began to liven up and get much more excited. I still had a little bit of driving to do but I was so close.  I had to post that I had made it safely to Texas on my fb of course which I am very, very happy I did because this one status started another amazing journey.  Curious?  Well it involves a very cute boy from the east coast and the conversation that would turn into shout outs on my video logs and then into something so much more :o)  Our story is pretty unique and awesome at the same time.  He was to be a big part of helping me to survive my tom tom going crazy, random dirt roads, getting lost and praying I didn't get shot.  I remember being on the phone and then yelling out; "Tom Tom! What the duck are you doing now?! (yes, I really do talk like this) There is no road there!!! Stop it! No! Wait, what? Ahhh! No 3G..... 1 bar..... no service! Matt? Matt? God if you can hear me now, please don't let me get shot! What is that now?! I'm so going to die tonight!" Not dramatic at all right? lol.  Despite being extremely nervous, exhausted and fed up with my screwy gps, I was still laughing hysterically.  I find that I tend to laugh at myself a lot. Hmmmm.  Eventually I did arrive safely and yes, alive at my best friend's house.  It only took her a minute to come running out of the house and nearly tackle me.  I think she missed me or something :op  I collapsed onto the couch so ready to pass out.  The video log would have to be done from my phone while I was out in the thicket since I had no internet available to me.  My best friend and I had way too much fun recording the video and Matt even got his very first shout out :o) This would be the first of many.  I spent the next few days just enjoying seeing my best friend and relaxing.  The social center; aka Walmart didn't provide as much entertainment as I had hoped but at least I was able to get my terrible haircut fixed and get back to civilization for a quick minute.  Although we joked about it, I was praying that her mother-in-law would not cook up some squirrel stew.  I don't make this stuff up people, it really does happen in their neck of the woods.  As much as I make fun of the thicket and Texas I do enjoy visiting and experiencing a world so different from my own.  I didn't pick the camera as much as I should have but spending time with friends was more important at that time.  After taking the family photos it was then time to have our sad goodbye.  I'm never really sure when I will get to see her again but we're as close as sisters so I know we will make it happen.  I am happy to report that my best friend is pregnant!  We're keeping our fingers crossed for a little girl since she has her two boys already.  Can't wait to find out!  Ohhhhhh!!!! And I became an auntie today!  I can't wait to meet that adorable niece of mine :o)  No ADD here lol.  I left the thicket and headed up north to Dallas to stay with a classmate from photography school.  You will just have to wait for those pictures though ;o)  This girl needs some sleep!  Enjoy these pics and watch for many more to come!  I am back to working on the blog and photos now so keep a look out for those new posts :o)  Thanks guys!






















No comments:

Post a Comment